Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Block 2 a simple Bird



Well, here I am back again.  I have wanted to get this blog up and running again and thanks to my husband's computer we have something to work with.

This is the pattern for you for week two.  It is simple and it makes such a cute block.  Here is my block example:



I think this will make a cute quilt if you add some flowers, maybe a tree, etc.

Now I want to show you the simple nine-patch from the ladybug project:



Now that I am back on schedule and a little ahead of you I have this week's pattern:



Also I finished the block for this kitty today:



I'm a little unhappy that the eyes did not come out as planned, but the next block I do will be better.
The point is I am learning from my mistakes.

I hope this blog will be helpful to any beginners out there.  The sky is the limit, anyone can draw and make their own patterns.  Some will be a lot better than others.  I hope to offer encouragement and a sense of accomplishment to the new sewer or quilter.

Will be back with you next time I feel so glad I am caught up!

1 comment:

Julianne said...

I love your blocks..cute and such fun.